Monday, February 23, 2009

I hate fights!

I just hate it when people fight.

Whether it's general, random, "you lightly bumped my car, so I must create a scene" or it's the cat n dog at home, I just HATE fights.

They leave me pondering over the state things have come to. Stupid, insipidly small things kick up a huge ruckus, tearing away at dignity in such a manner that you wonder if the shreds can even be seen.

You could be perfectly normal one minute and completely ballistic the next. It's as though people are only outwardly calm. As though they have a gushing force of brutal angst that simply must burst forth every few hours, to make way for the next.

I can not bear to watch the overt melodrama of certain television series. Is there not enough in our own lives?! Why must we burden ourselves with the worries of a fictional character. The same time and energies, more thoughtfully channeled, can greatly aid better and possibly deeper understanding of those that you live with.

We seem to take it all for granted, "This is after all home, it'll work itself out." If luck does not stand a chance without hardwork, happiness cannot sow it's seeds without understanding.

There's always more than one perspective, so many hats to put on. The next time a fight looms, I could try diffusing it. A little less glare and a little more ear. You can never be too sure of yourself.

1 comment:

Chocolate and Steel said...

I get really embarrassed when I see people fighting. I feel sorry for them because it just seems so miserable to talk to another human so aggressively.