Monday, May 4, 2009

Wandering, wondering...

It is a strange zone, this. I wait in anticipation. A few sentences wait in the wings. When they show themselves, they could change my world...or not.

Oh how it does bear down on me, like a faulty leak in my mind. Am I in or am I out? Up until last evening I wanted in. Now I'm no longer sure.

How do I know if it's all a terrible mistake? I was just thinking a while back, pondering over how we have so many options and dreams.

I wish life were a jigsaw puzzle and each dream or wish a part of it. That way I could flip the pieces around a bit and figure out what's amiss.

Am I working towards who I'm destined to be? Do I even believe in destiny? Am I throwing caution to the wind or was I meant to fly this way.

I always thought I decided about me. Increasingly, to my dismay, it is not that way. There are simply too many strings attached. I give it hard thought. I've never known life in any other way.

It's tempting I must say, to break free and steal away. Far from this high strung and intrinsically wired spectacle that has come to replace my life.

So easy to judge; so difficult to open up,learn and accept. Stereotypes and preconceived notions have taken over everyday life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

destiny?

hard work pays..

its how we live life...

chriz

little boxes said...

i felt as if i have narrated what all you have written...
this is exactly the way i've been feeling

DPhatsez said...

tch!
Future's not set.There is no fate but what we make for ourselves

Life!

Gayatri Bhadran said...

is this post about a career shift, in your life?

the whole post is very poetic and nice and i can figure out from it that there is a certain turmoil that you are facing in your life.

life is all about challenges and crossroads, you'll figure it out, just have some faith in yourself.

Akshay said...

This is pretty much what I am going through.....loved "faulty leak in my mind"

Da Rodent said...

hmm. follow your heart.