Monday, June 16, 2008

effort and waste

Watch her everyday, toiling away, sweating for 2 and a half hours each morning. The pressure cooker, milk and rotis on the tava add colour to my picture. They are, after all, her protagonists. It all comes down to the first morsel; simply got to be perfect.

The salt, where's the damn salt?! Get outta my way, there's enough tension without you hanging around and watching like you got marbles for eyes. There, now you disturbed me and I'm running late. Papa'll be out any minute and he'll want his breakfast. Go, clear the table. Are you ready? Don't be late for work baba, how can you do this? Hun, you're out? Just taste the vegetable and tell me what it's like. But you always say it's fantastic. More salt? Do I need to add mirchi? and the Dal? Hmpf! Always fine fine.

Messing up was never her strong point, but repetitiveness has always been.

1 comment:

Macadamia The Nut said...

At least you still have her around!!!!! Be grateful!
Sometimes we get to appreciate people only after they're long gone